Contributions Through Service
a) Service as an assessor/referee for book manuscripts, journals, grant applications, international reviewer in tenure and promotion process
- Academic Program Reviewer, Internal (Department of Health Science, Department of Health Sciences) March 14 – May 18, 2018
- Reviewer, Canadian Scholars’ Press (2017, 2018)
- Reviewer, Gender and Education Journal (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Reviewer, International Society for Educational Biography Journal (2018)
- Reviewer, National Research Foundation, South Africa (2012, 2015, 2017)
- Reviewer, Faculty Promotion, Faculty of Educational Sciences, North West University, South Africa (2016)
- Reviewer, Canadian Foundations of Education/CSSE Book Award (2015)
- Reviewer, McGill Queens Press (2014, 2015)
- Social Science and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC) Standard Research Grant, Reviewer (2006, 2007, 2010)
- University of Toronto Press, Reviewer (2007, 2008)
- Pearson Press, Reviewer (2007)
- Editorial Board Member for, International Society for Educational Biography Journal (2006 – 2019)
- Association for Research on Mothering (ARM), Guest Editor (2005)
- Canadian Association for Research on Women in Education (CASWE) Graduate Student Research Award, Adjudication panel member and Chair (2006, 2007, 2008, 2009)
- CASWE, Carol Crealock Award, Adjudication member and Chair (2009, 2010)
- Canadian Association for the Study of Women in Education (CASWE) Special Journal Edition of the Canadian Association for the Study of Education (CSSE), Reviewer (2006)
- Canadian Association for the Study of Education (CSSE) New Scholar Fellowship Adjudication Committee Member, (2005, 2006)
b) Memberships (including executive positions held) in scholarly and/or professional societies/organizations or other federal or provincial agencies having an academic connection
- Organizing Committee, White Privilege Conference Ryerson (2017-2018)
- Program Director, White Privilege Symposium (2015-2016)
- Editor-In-Chief, Brock Education Journal (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Editorial Board, Chair, Brock Education Journal (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
- Program Chair, CSSE and Board of Directors Member, CSSE (2013-2014)
- Canadian Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences Equity Issues Portfolio, Steering Committee Member, Appointed by CFHSS, Executive (2010-2011, 2012-2013, 2013-2014)
- CAUT, Equity Committee, Member, Appointed by CAUT President and Executive (2009 – 2010, 2011-2012, 2013-2014)
- Women’s Working Group, Appointed by CAUT President and Executive (2013-2015)
- CAUT, Equity Conference Organizing Committee (2014-2015)
- CSSE/ CASWE, Board of Director’s Member, Equity Issues Representative (2009 – 2015)
- Chaired, the CASWE/CSSE AGM in Ottawa, Carlton University (May, 2009)
- Ottawa, Carlton University, Board of Director Member and meeting attendee, in role as President of CASWE (May, 2009)
- Board of Director Member, CSSE, in role as President of CASWE Ottawa, Ottawa Hotel (October, 2009).
- Past President Canadian Association for the Study of Women in Education (2009-2010)
- President, Canadian Association for the Study of Women in Education (2007-2009)
- President Elect, Canadian Association for the Study of Women in Education (2005-2007). CASWE Representative, CSSE New Scholar Fund Advisory Board (2005-2007).
- Member, Canadian Society for the Study of Education (CSSE) Member, Canadian Association for Curriculum Studies (CACS) Member, National Council of Teachers of English (NCTE) Member, Association for Research on Mothering (ARM)
- Member, People to People International Ambassador Programs (2006 China Delegate invited by Dr. M. Eisenhart, University of Colorado at Boulder University Distinguished Professor)
September 30, 2017 – September 19, 2018
Committee Member, The Human Rights and President’s Advisory Committee on Human Rights, Equity and Decolonization (PACHRED) Transitional Committee
Senior Administration Task Forces
The President’s Human Rights Task Force, Appointed by President Jack Lightstone
(June 2016 – June 2017)
- Appointed as Vice-Chair
Racial Climate Task Force, Appointed by Associate Vice-President, Kim Mead (April 2015) and Reappointed by Anna Lathrop, Vice Provost, Teaching, Learning and Student Success (April 2016 – presently)
- Appointed as Program Director for the White Privilege Symposium
Faculty of Education, Service
Chair, Diversity Advocacy Standing Committee, Faculty Board (2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
Faculty Board, Chair (2015-2017)
Faculty Board, Vice Chair (2014-2015)
Member, Publication Committee, Faculty Board (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019)
Centre Committee Membership
Program Committee Member, Tecumseh Centre for Aboriginal Research and Education (2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Graduate Department, Service
Program Committee Member, Social Cultural Contexts of Education (2005-ongoing)
Contributing Participant, Faculty of Education, Faculty Development Teaching Strategies Group (2016, 2017)
Joint Ph.D. in Educational Studies
Program Director Joint Ph.D. in Educational Studies (2017 – 2018 then Reappointed 2018 – 2019)
Chair, Joint PhD Implementation Committee (2017, 2018, 2019)
Chair, Development of the PhD Rules and Procedures Handbook (2017-2018, 2018-2019)
PhD Fellowship Adjudication, member (2017, 2018)
OGS, PhD Adjudication Committee, Chair (2017, 2018)
SSHRC, PhD Adjudication Committee, Chair (2017, 2018)
Joint Ph.D. Secretariat Retreat, Designated Faculty Member (Spring, 2017)
Assisted with the revisions to the Joint Ph.D. Handbook, 2017, 2018
2017 – 2018 INTERNATIONAL/ UIVERSITY SERVICE
Member, Organizing Committee
White Privilege Conference, Ryerson University (2017-2018)
Brock University Antiracist Task Force (2015-2016). White Privilege Symposium Canada: Academics and Activists Advocating for Equity, Justice and Action. Brock University: Catharines, Ontario: Brock University. Retrieved from:
Ferber, A. & Mogadime, D. (2017, December 22). Special Issue: Academics & Activists Advocating for Equity, Justice and Action, Understanding and Dismantling Privilege. 7(2).
Canadian Museum for Human Rights, Consultant and Vendor
Mogadime, D. (August 8, 2018). Nelson Mandela Leadership Workshops: A Report for the Canadian Museum for Human Rights (CMHR). Submitted in Collaboration with the Teaching Nelson Mandela Advisory (TNM) Committee. Brock University: St. Catharine’s, Ontario.
Chair, Diversity Advocacy Standing Committee (DASC) of Faculty Board Report
Ankohmah, W., with DASC Chair, Mogadime, D., and members Darlene Ciuffetelli Parker (Faculty); Denise Armstrong (Faculty); Snežana Ratković (Staff) Kamini Jaipal Jamani (Faculty); (Submitted April, 2018). Title: A Report on an Appreciative Inquiry Survey on Diversity and Equity Initiatives in the Faculty of Education, Brock University.
Role – Vice Chair
Human Rights Task Force. (January, 2017). Pushing Onward. Human Rights Task Force interim Report.
Role – Vice Chair
Human Rights Task Force (May, 2017). Pushing onward: Report of the Human Rights Task Force Report. St. Catharines, Ontario: Brock University. Retrieved from:
Role – Program Director
Mogadime, D., et al. (2016). A Preliminary Report on the Development of the White Privilege Symposium Canada (WPSC) Event as an Educational Forum for Action and Change. The Racial Climate Task Force (RCTF) at Brock University Preliminarily Report (No. 1). St. Catharines, Ontario: Brock University.
Role – Program Chair
Mogadime, D. (2015). Report for the Aid for International Keynote Speaker Funding. Submitted to, Karen Rees, Administrative Assistant (Programs) Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences, Ideas Can. http://www.ideas-idees.ca/
Role – Program Chair
Mogadime, D. (2015). Report for the Equity Session Funding. Submitted to, Karen Rees, Administrative Assistant (Programs) Federation for the Humanities and Social Sciences, Ideas Can. http://www.ideas-idees.ca/
Mogadime, D. (2007, July) Report on the pilot project: Women across races who have aspired to educational administration in South Africa and Canada: What are the challenges and opportunities? Submitted to the Department of Foreign Affairs and InternationalTrade Canada (DFAIT) Commonwealth Africa Graduate Students Exchange Program.
Mogadime, D. & Takalo N. (2006, November). Brock University, North West University, Consolidating Target Outcomes: Strategic Plans for the Way Forward. Submitted to Dr. Michael Owen Associate Vice-President Research and International Development & Dr. James Heap, Dean, Faculty of Education.
Mogadime, D. & Mentz, K. (2006, July) North West University, Brock University Faculties of Education Partnership Discussions: Setting Outcomes for the Way Forward. Submitted to Dr. Michael Owen Associate Vice-President Research and International Development & Dr. James Heap, Dean, Faculty of Education.
Mogadime, D. (2006, January) Beginning the Conversation Concerning Research Collaborations between South African Universities and Brock University: Report on the 2005 visit to South African Institutions: North-West University and the University of Pretoria. Submitted to Dr.Michael Owen Associate Vice-President Research and International Development & Dr. James Heap, Dean, Faculty of Education. Funded.